Thursday, May 10, 2012

follow Him blindly.

Last night I was on the floor leaning against my bed with my Bible flipped open to Isaiah 61. [You should definitely go read it really quick] I've been opening up to this chapter a lot lately because God has really been using it to speak to me. I started reading verse 1.

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners."
I made it through verse 1. That's when it clicked.
I looked up from my Bible & it just hit me.

God desires for me to follow Him.

yeah... I already know that. My desire is for Jesus to teach me how to follow Him all of my days, but it just clicked differently.

not only does God desire for me to follow Him,
He calls me to
FOLLOW HIM BLINDLY. 
completely blind. I guess I've always viewed God's plan for my life, for my future, as an 'our' thing when really it's just His. Jesus knows exactly what He is doing & He doesn't need a backseat driver telling Him where to take me.
Jesus just wants me to follow Him.
I just need to trust He knows exactly where He is driving this beautiful gift called life.

God can't use me for His glory if I don't trust him.
if I don't follow Him blindly.
God can't allow me to preach good news, bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim freedom, comfort for those who mourn, provide for those who grieve, bestow a crown of beauty instead of ashes, or display His splendor unless I completely trust Him & follow Him blindly.

Jesus,
i trust you.
i trust you will make something beautiful out of me.
 i am yours. all yours.
you are beautiful. you are faithful. you are wonderful. you are everything.
teach me to follow you blindly.
i love you.
-me.

Teach us how to follow you. Teach us how to follow you. Teach us how to follow you.


No comments:

Post a Comment