Sunday, December 22, 2013

even still

The past four months have been up and down, messy and wild for this Divine Romance.

I've struggled. Oh my heart, have I struggled.

I've doubted the goodness who is the Lord far too many times and begged for forgiveness an infinite amount of times over what I deserve yet Jesus loves me even still.

even still.

I've questioned God and all He is enough times for me and the next person and amazingly He doesn't get annoyed or 'shoo' me away. He is patient with my soul. He takes me by hand and whispers melodious tunes of grace in my little ears. His faithfulness appears all around me and directly in front of my unbelieving eyes. I ask for Him to prove Himself to me again and again and He gently wraps me up in His comforting arms and reminds me of time after time where He was with me. He is faithful and has never left me alone.

He is there, always.
He is in the moments of laughter and joy.
He is in the valleys of despair.
He is in the sleepless nights full of tears.
He is in the weeks full of busyness and anxiety.
He is in the heartbreaks and fear.
He is in my weary, doubtful heart.
He is here. ALWAYS.
He never leaves, and believe me, He easily could.

The Creator of wonders billions of miles away and all things glorious adores me enough to stick around and wipe away my tears. To pick me up and dust the sinner I am off. To continuously redeem my messy soul. He loves me even still.

Even through the piles of mistakes and mishaps.
Even through the jumbled up screams mixed with streams of salt water.
Even through my darkest moments and my deepest struggles.
Yes, He loves me even still.

It's hard to imagine an unconditional, never forsaking, love like Christ's in a society like ours, but it is real, and abundantly so at that.

"At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleaures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life." -Titus 3:3-7

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:35-39

Even still in the midst of my doubts and cries, His love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment